Highlights in the history of the Milton/Edgewood Library.
August 1946 - Milton became the first incorporated city to receive Pierce County Library System service.
1946 - Milton Library station opened at Milton City Hall, making it the sixth library established that year by the Library System.
1959 - Milton withdrew from the Library System and established own library.
1982 - Town library moved to new building at 1000 Laurel.
1999 - City annexed to Library System.
March 2000 - Milton Library re-opened after renovation.
Spring 2007 - Wireless Internet access installed.
Jan. 13, 2011 - Opened in new location in Surprise Lake Square, 900 Meridian E., with 6,650 square feet.
Tel: 253-548-3300 Fax: 253-537-4600 Washington Relay TTY: 711
© 2012 Pierce County Library System All rights reserved.