Highlights in the history of the Tillicum Library.
1947 - Library System offered service in area.
May 1951 - Library opened in Tillicum Hall.
June 1957 - Library moved to a small room in Tillicum Elementary School.
1985 - Library moved to a 2,137 square foot space in the Tillicum / American Lake District community center / library building funded by Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Library System provided furnishing and shelving and a Federal Library Services and Construction Act grant funded the expanded collection.
1995 - Tillicum incorporated as part of Lakewood.
1996 - City of Lakewood annexed to the Library System.
Spring 2007 - Wireless Internet access installed.
Pierce County Library System
3005 112th St. E.Tacoma,
Washington Relay TTY: