To bring the world of information and imagination to all people of our community.
We are the community’s choice for the discovery and exchange of information and ideas.
Sparking success for Pierce County residents.
With 19 libraries, hundreds of events, helpful staff and more than a million books and materials to choose from, the possibilities are endless.
Strategic Plan Focus Areas
Learning…inspire lifelong learning
Enjoyment…foster the love of reading
Community…engage with residents
• Customer service excellence
• Freedom of expression and free flow of ideas
• The diversity of people we serve, their opinions, capabilities, needs and interests
• The power and worth of words and images
• Equitable access to all library resources and services
• Responsible stewardship of public funds
• Creative solutions by solving problems in innovative ways
• Our diverse, skilled and knowledgeable employees working in a safe and stimulating environment
Tel: 253-548-3300 Fax: 253-537-4600 Washington Relay TTY: 711
© 2012 Pierce County Library System All rights reserved.