If during, or following, the installation process of OverDrive, you get an error message that reads, “Parameter is Incorrect,” please follow the steps below:
The “Parameter is Incorrect” error message means there is a problem with the DRM (Digital Rights Management) component of Windows Media Player. Usually, resetting the DRM will resolve this problem.
** Please make sure you take the time to follow each step carefully.
1. Find the DRM folder on your computer.
Depending on your Operation System, it can be found in different locations.
- For Windows 2000 and Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDRM
- For Windows 98: C:WindowsAll UsersDRM
- For Windows Millennium Edition: C:WindowsDRM
If you cannot find the file, this may be because it is a hidden, system file. Please use the following steps to view the DRM folder.
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, then Folder Options, then View. Under ‘Hidden Files and Folders,’ make the following changes:
A. Select ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’
B. Uncheck ‘Hide Protected Operating System Files’
Please note: step ‘B’ will give you a warning message. Please make sure you click “Yes.”
C. Click the ‘Apply to All Folders’ button.
2. Rename the DRM folder to DRM.old
3. Re-run the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade from the OverDrive Media Console under the ‘Tools’ menu.
4. You should now be able to download and enjoy an OverDrive Audiobook.
Tel: 253-548-3300 Fax: 253-537-4600 Washington Relay TTY: 711
© 2012 Pierce County Library System All rights reserved.