Highlights in the history of the Sumner Library.
1925 - City of Sumner opened Sumner Library at Ryan House.
1968 - Sumner’s city council voted to contract with Library System.
1969 - Sumner Library became a branch of the Pierce County Library System.
1979 - City received a Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant and built the 6,700 square foot community facility at 1116 Fryar.
1981 - Sumner annexed to Library System.
1986 - Building expansion included room for a Sumner senior center.
1994 - Library System purchased entire building.
November 1995 – Library re-opened in 10,600 square foot space.
Tel: 253-548-3300 Fax: 253-537-4600 Washington Relay TTY: 711
© 2012 Pierce County Library System All rights reserved.