Highlights in the history of the Key Center Library.
1946 - Service started at the Vaughn Branch.
April 1957 - Library moved to the civic center and was called Key Peninsula branch.
1981 - Library was renamed Key Center when it moves to a new library-owned building at 8905 KPN on Key Peninsula Highway. The new building replaced the Key Peninsula and Evergreen branches and was built with Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant funds. Library is 4,066 square feet. (Evergreen, which operated from September 1967 until closing in 1979, was itself a merger of Longbranch and Home-Lakebay branches.)
1990 - Wireless Internet access installed.
1990 - Dennis Daily Garden named in his memory with a generous donation.
1990 - Kenneth Brones Meeting Room was named in recognition of his help in providing the land for the Key Center Library and for his contributions to the community. (Resolution 81-13)
Spring 2007 - Wireless Internet access installed.
Tel: 253-548-3300 Fax: 253-537-4600 Washington Relay TTY: 711
© 2012 Pierce County Library System All rights reserved.